About This Course
Welcome to the course on Peer Assessments! As an alternative or supplement to traditional assessments, peer assessments can provide numerous benefits to student learning, including improved communication, collaboration, and writing skills. In this course, you will learn how to effectively implement peer assessments in the classroom and create rubrics for assessing student work. This course is part of the STEM-CPD@EUni project, which is funded by the EU. Let's get started!
Upon successful completion of the entire course, the participants will receive the appropriate certificate.
No special requrements.
Dr. Krištof Kranjc
Assistant Professor for Organic Chemistry at the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia). Research interests in the fields of cycloadditions, 2H-pyran-2-ones, reactions under high pressure and microwave chemistry. His experiences in the field of CPD activities include supervision of a Master Degree Thesis on producing mMOOCs for popularization of peer assessment.
Dr. Črtomir Podlipnik
Assistant Professor for Physical Chemistry at the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia). More than 25 years of experience in Scientific Computing, Molecular Modelling and Material and Drug Design. Involved in STEM-CPD@Euni project as a co-leader of O4 responsible for developing the open online modules for continuous professional development of STEM teachers at European Universities.
Course basic - Info
|Commitment||2 weeks, from 2 to 3 hours
|How to pass|
- Participate actively in discussion and workshop.
- Pass a graded assignment.
- Intro presentation
- What is Peer Assessment?
- Advantages of Peer Assessment
- How to Execute Peer Assessment
- Peer Graded Assignement
- Reflection and Feedback
Intended learning outcomes
- Understand the concept of peer assessment and its benefits as an alternative or supplement to traditional assessments for enhancing student learning, communication, collaboration, and writing skills.
- Develop the skills to effectively implement peer assessments in the classroom, including selecting appropriate assessment criteria and providing clear instructions to students.
- Create a rubric for peer assessments that aligns with learning objectives and provides clear guidelines for students to evaluate and provide feedback on their peers' work.